Raise your hand if you love avocados….. Raise your hand if you love toast….. If you have two hands up then you mostly likely enjoy avocado toast. Nom! Well how about an avocado toast “upgrade” by making Caprese avocado toast?! Are you in? That’s what I thought, lets go!
This will make two slices of toast, of which I ate both to make one “late lunch” meal for myself. Increase all quantities as need.
1 – ripe avocado
2- slices of sprouted grain bread
1-2oz of fresh mozzarella (I used little snack sized mozzarella balls)
10 – grape tomatoes
4-5 leaves of fresh basil
1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar (reduced with heat)
Sea salt, pepper, or preferred seasonings
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop all flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork, keeping it as chunky as you prefer, but still spreadable. Add the lemon juice and preferred seasonings. Mix together until well combined.
- Toast your bread. Let it cool slightly. Spread the avocado mixture evenly on top of your two slices of toast.
- If you want to add the Balsamic vinegar reduction, heat the vinegar on very low heat while you cut your remaining ingredients. Continue to heat until vinegar thickens to your preference.
- Cut fresh mozzarella and grape tomatoes. Arrange them on the avocado spread.
Tear the basil leaves and place on toast.
- Drizzle your Balsamic vinegar reduction evenly across your toast.
Enjoy! Comment below if you plan to try this or you already love it 🙂
I am a runner and fitness fanatic who is dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle 80% of the time. I live in Texas and divide my time between raising 3 children, teaching, and living a fit life.